I know what you’re thinking…
Why even post a blog if it’s gonna take this long between them?
In my defense, I was totally out in the world making the magic that makes writing a blog in 2018 worth it. lol.
Things that happened:
1. Got a Brooklyn Arts Council grant for my next audio drama!
2. Wrapped up working with my amazing students at BRIC on their podcasts.
3. Followed up on some opportunities that didn’t pan out. But, it’s OK- what is not meant for me, is not for me. (At least it’s what I tell myself)
4. Held my own as a guest on Friends Like Us podcast as a guest with some heavy hitters, Dulce Sloan of “The Daily Show” and Mike Britt of “Luke Cage”. Hosted by comedienne, Marina Franklin. Listen HERE.
5. Was interviewed about podcasting and radio and being a free thinker on the New York Said podcast by Amon Focus. That dude has a cleeeeeannnn show. I love it. Listen HERE.
6. Locked in some workshops teaching podcasting to Public Health docs at SUNY Downstate. This should be a great challenge. We can def use more healthcare pods in relatable language for the community.
7. Locked in another opp that is tentative but a very big deal for Summer. (Stay Tuned)
8. Currently teaching podcasting at a shelter for about 6 weeks through the Brooklyn Public Library.
9. And my favorite thing that happened was that after so many years as a self made radio/podcast person dedicated to showing and proving who I am and what I am capable of….I have been added to the infamous Pod Squad roster over at Buzzfeed!
Meet all the producers behind your fave Buzzfeed pods!
🗣Shout out to the PodSquaaaaaad!
We believe the word “talent” refers to both hosts AND producers. So we’re gonna do a quick roll call and introduce you to the humans behind the podcasts you know and love!
— BuzzFeed PodSquad (@BuzzFeedAudio) March 26, 2018
I’m producing Thirst Aid Kit, a show about desire by hosts Nichole Perkins and Bim Adewunmi. It’s hilarious, fun, smart and i’m excited to be part of the team.
Season 2 starts Thirst-day, March 29th! Subscribe to get it directly to your feed.
Needless to say, I’m excited and clearly I have given up writing in paragraphs.Read more